Jeweler Tiffany & Co. is featuring a same-sex couple for the first time in its advertising history.
The two men depicted in the “Will You?” campaign are a real-life couple, CNN reports. The campaign was shot by fashion photographer Peter Lindbergh and features six other couples.
The ads are meant to broaden the 178-year-old jeweler’s portrayals of marriage, Tiffany & Co. said. For example, another pairing shows a couple with their child during their wedding, a nod to people who have children outside marriage.
“Nowadays, the road to marriage is no longer linear,” a company spokeswoman said in a statement. “True love can happen more than once with love stories coming in a variety of forms.”
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time