Jeweler Tiffany & Co. is featuring a same-sex couple for the first time in its advertising history.
The two men depicted in the “Will You?” campaign are a real-life couple, CNN reports. The campaign was shot by fashion photographer Peter Lindbergh and features six other couples.
The ads are meant to broaden the 178-year-old jeweler’s portrayals of marriage, Tiffany & Co. said. For example, another pairing shows a couple with their child during their wedding, a nod to people who have children outside marriage.
“Nowadays, the road to marriage is no longer linear,” a company spokeswoman said in a statement. “True love can happen more than once with love stories coming in a variety of forms.”
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022