A North Carolina man was shot in the chest Friday morning after his wife allegedly mistook him for a home intruder when he was trying to surprise her with breakfast in bed.
Fort Bragg soldier Zia Segule, 28, returned home unannounced to surprise his wife Tiffany Segule with breakfast after she thought he’d gone to work, Fayetteville police told WTVD. The alarm sounded and his Tiffany, who was in bed at the time, thought there was an intruder. She shot through the closed bedroom door and hit her husband in the chest.
Zia was able to walk and talk after taking a bullet, and has since been released from the hospital and returned home Friday afternoon. He told reporters, “I’m good.” Tiffany Segule was questioned by police, who say she may have been alarmed by recent break-ins in the area.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow