Having a drone must be sort of like having a pet — a small creature you paid money for and that you love and that your coworkers are mildly jealous of. So ultimately, we understand why the guy in this video went to great lengths to protect his pet drone.
YouTube user Zwier Spanjer posted the video and explained that he had just gotten a DJI Phantom 2. After a day of flying, the drone’s battery started to die, and it began plummeting toward a canal. As it falls, it captures its owner’s slight hesitation before lowering himself into the water, which we can only imagine is very dirty and very, very cold.
The video ends up being both hilarious and suspenseful and kind of makes us want a pet drone of our own.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow