Having a drone must be sort of like having a pet — a small creature you paid money for and that you love and that your coworkers are mildly jealous of. So ultimately, we understand why the guy in this video went to great lengths to protect his pet drone.
YouTube user Zwier Spanjer posted the video and explained that he had just gotten a DJI Phantom 2. After a day of flying, the drone’s battery started to die, and it began plummeting toward a canal. As it falls, it captures its owner’s slight hesitation before lowering himself into the water, which we can only imagine is very dirty and very, very cold.
The video ends up being both hilarious and suspenseful and kind of makes us want a pet drone of our own.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.