Kung-fu movie star Jackie Chan’s son, Jaycee, was sentenced to six months in prison on Friday after pleading guilty to marijuana-related charges in a Beijing court.
The court convicted Jaycee, 32, of providing a venue for marijuana use and also fined him the equivalent of $326, the state-run Xinhua News reported.
The young actor and singer was arrested in August along with Taiwanese actor Ko Chen-tung, and both men admitted to smoking weed themselves.
The case has proved an embarrassment for his father Jackie, who in 2009 was made an antinarcotics spokesman by the Chinese police.
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time