Bill Cosby reportedly told a woman during his stand-up routine in London, Ontario on Thursday night to be careful drinking around him.
The comment came after a woman seated in the front row was exiting the Budweiser Gardens’ theater. After Cosby asked the woman were she was headed, the unidentified audience member said she was planning to buy a soda in the lobby.
Cosby then responded: “You have to be careful about drinking around me.”
Following what the comedian claims was a joke, a member from the Canadian audience heckled Cosby for being a rapist. The heckler was then removed from the crowd by security, according to the Associated Press.
The iconic comedian brushed off the accusation and later commended the evening’s patrons for being “loyal.”
“One outburst but over 2600 loyal, patient and courageous fans enjoyed the most wonderful medicine that exists for humankind,” said Cosby in a statement.
More than a dozen women have come forward during the past year claiming they were sexually assaulted, often after being drugged, by Cosby.
- Amanda Gorman on the Greatest Lesson She’s Learned This Year
- What Actually Worries U.S. Doctors About Omicron
- Reuniting Families Separated Under Trump Is Expensive. Should the U.S. Government Pay?
- The 10 Best Movies of 2021
- America's Foster Care System Is a Dangerous Place for Trans Teens. Now They're Fighting for Change
- Stressed About Going Back to the Office? Here Are 8 Ways to Make It Easier
- What to Know About Digital World, the Company Funding Trump's New Social Media Platform 'TRUTH Social'