The iconic Eiffel Tower dimmed its lights Thursday night, as France ended a day of mourning for those killed in a terrorist attack in Paris the day before.
Armed gunmen stormed the offices of satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo, killing 10 journalists and two police officers. The killers, believed to be Islamist extremists, were still on the run Thursday evening local time.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time