Betty White received a helping hand from Captain America (Chris Evans) Wednesday night, and it was the most adorable moment from the entire People’s Choice Awards. (Chloe Grace Moretz besting Meryl Streep for Favorite Movie Actress was a close second.)
White won the award for Favorite TV Icon, and when the 93-year old actress was called up on stage, Chris Evans’s training as the ever-gallant Captain America kicked in, and he immediately jumped up to offer the stunned Golden Girls star a hand and escorted her up to the stage.
While Evans may want to quit acting after his six-movie deal with Marvel, hopefully he will never stop playing the hero.
Watch White’s entire acceptance speech here:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement