Plenty of things happened over the past year that were great for women. Several female-driven films dominated at the box office, more and more celebrities became comfortable with the word feminism, a 17-year-old girl won the Nobel Peace Prize and stars like Lorde encouraged girls to accept and embrace their imperfections.
But this video created by the Representation Project, a non-profit that works to challenge and overcomes gender stereotypes, shows that sexism continues to prevail in popular media. The video also points out that gender stereotypes aren’t just harmful for women — they end up hurting men too.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time