A female suicide bomber injured two police officers when she detonated herself inside a police station in Istanbul, Turkey on Tuesday.
The woman walked into the station in a tourist-friendly area of the city, told officers she had misplaced her wallet, then blew herself up, the BBC reports. She died following the explosion. One officer is in the hospital in critical condition while the other sustained only mild injuries.
So far officials have not identified any group as being responsible for the attack. It was the second attack against police within a week in the city. On New Year’s Day, a man lobbed grenades at officers in an attack near the prime minister’s office.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space