The British writer, comedian, actor and famed Twitter user Stephen Fry is getting married. The 57-year-old actor has given the formal notice to wed his partner, 27-year-old Elliott Spencer, at a registry office in east England, not far from where Fry grew up.
After a British tabloid ran a story about the notice, Fry took to Twitter — where he has more eight million followers — to confirm the happy news.
Fry has long been a prominent advocate of same-sex marriage and in 2013 hosted a BBC documentary on attitudes to homosexuality around the world.
A personal assistant for the comedian told the BBC, “Stephen Fry is very happy and proud to say that he has set the wheels in motion for a wedding sometime in the future but no date has been set due to a busy work schedule.”
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror