The British writer, comedian, actor and famed Twitter user Stephen Fry is getting married. The 57-year-old actor has given the formal notice to wed his partner, 27-year-old Elliott Spencer, at a registry office in east England, not far from where Fry grew up.
After a British tabloid ran a story about the notice, Fry took to Twitter — where he has more eight million followers — to confirm the happy news.
Fry has long been a prominent advocate of same-sex marriage and in 2013 hosted a BBC documentary on attitudes to homosexuality around the world.
A personal assistant for the comedian told the BBC, “Stephen Fry is very happy and proud to say that he has set the wheels in motion for a wedding sometime in the future but no date has been set due to a busy work schedule.”
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve