The British writer, comedian, actor and famed Twitter user Stephen Fry is getting married. The 57-year-old actor has given the formal notice to wed his partner, 27-year-old Elliott Spencer, at a registry office in east England, not far from where Fry grew up.
After a British tabloid ran a story about the notice, Fry took to Twitter — where he has more eight million followers — to confirm the happy news.
Fry has long been a prominent advocate of same-sex marriage and in 2013 hosted a BBC documentary on attitudes to homosexuality around the world.
A personal assistant for the comedian told the BBC, “Stephen Fry is very happy and proud to say that he has set the wheels in motion for a wedding sometime in the future but no date has been set due to a busy work schedule.”
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time