It’s a new year, and love is in the air – unless you are at Chicago’s United Center.
The home of the Chicago Bulls captured a lovers’ quarrel on its kiss cam during Saturday’s game against the Boston Celtics, and now it’s going viral.
Video of the Jumbotron moment shows a young couple popping up on the infamous kiss cam, but instead of puckering up, the pair starts bickering. Mad that her suitor is yapping on his cellphone instead of swapping spit, the girl tries to get his attention by swatting at him.
After a brief argument on the arena’s big screen, the guy goes back to his phone call, leaving his lady to sit unsmooched. Thankfully, Benny the Bull knows chivalry isn’t totally dead.
The Bulls’ mascot stomps into the frame, throws a cup at the chatty dude and then carries the woman off into the sunset … or food court.
Some viewers believe this televised tiff is an obvious stunt – it wouldn’t be the first – but does that really matter? Genuine or staged, this clip gets a vital message across: Nothing is more important than the kiss cam.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com