Tennis star Serena Williams created a buzz Monday morning when she asked a ball girl for an espresso after losing the first set of a Hopman Cup match against Italy’s Flavia Pennetta.
In the video, she can be seen sitting on the sidelines of the Perth Arena in Australia laughing at her own request, asking, “I mean, I don’t know if it’s allowed. Is it allowed?”
She got served a cup of java, rallied, and won the match. Final score: 0-6, 6-3 6-0.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time