Tennis star Serena Williams created a buzz Monday morning when she asked a ball girl for an espresso after losing the first set of a Hopman Cup match against Italy’s Flavia Pennetta.
In the video, she can be seen sitting on the sidelines of the Perth Arena in Australia laughing at her own request, asking, “I mean, I don’t know if it’s allowed. Is it allowed?”
She got served a cup of java, rallied, and won the match. Final score: 0-6, 6-3 6-0.
CNN reports Williams, who has been ranked No. 1 in the world in singles, joked during a post-match interview, “I’m so jet-lagged.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement