Passengers at a train station in India Sunday watched a monkey attempt to revive a fellow monkey that was shocked unconscious by electrical wires.
The simian rescue occurred after one of the monkeys was electrocuted while walking on high-voltage wires, according to Reuters.
In this video footage from Kanpur in India, the monkey appears to try to wake up the other monkey by patting it and dragging it into a pool of water, while ticket-holders standing on the platform just watched and snapped photos with their smartphones.
After about 20 minutes, passengers could be heard cheering when the unconscious monkey seemed to come back to life.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow