Will the holiday season bring wedding bells for Elton John?
The singer will officially tie the knot with longtime partner David Furnish, his rep confirms to PEOPLE.
In 2005, the pair – who are parents to sons Zachary and Elijah – entered a civil partnership. The ceremony, which took place in Windsor, England, was followed by a $2 million reception attended by stars including Donatella Versace, Ringo Starr and Victoria Beckham.
In March, shortly after England’s legalization of same-sex marriage, Furnish hinted to The Las Vegas Review Journal that they might be planning a May wedding.
“We don’t feel the need to take an extra step legally,” Furnish said at the time. “But since we’re committed for life, we feel it’s really important to take that step, and take advantage of that amazing change in legislation. We all live by example.”
In recent weeks, wedding rumors have run rampant about their impending nuptials. Various outlets have reported that a private, intimate ceremony will take place at their Windsor estate on Dec. 21.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com