Jon Hamm has taken on some fascinating roles in the past but in a new interview with the Radio Times the Mad Men actor revealed there’s one role he’s glad he’s never said yes to: the superhero.
Hamm noted he’s “been in contention for quite a few of those” superhero starring roles, but maintained he made the “right decision” in turning them down. He went on to say:
Yet Hamm also acknowledges the downside of opting out of the superhero genre, especially as Hollywood gears up for an onslaught of Marvel films. “[If] you don’t wear a cape and tights for a living, you literally have a hard time making an impression,” he said. “Ask anyone under the age of twenty if they have heard of me and they will go ‘no, that guy looks like my dad.’”
Not that Hamm should be beating himself up. Fans of all ages are getting excited for his appearance in the British dystopia Black Mirror: White Christmas special, which will air in the U.K. on Tuesday.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time