Eon Productions said Sunday it is concerned that third parties who received the screenplay might seek to publish it. The film’s cast, including Daniel Craig returning in the role of the famed agent 007, was announced by director Sam Mendes in April and December.
The company warned the screenplay is subject to copyright protection and that “all necessary steps” would be taken to protect the rights of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios and Danjaq LLC, which is responsible for material related to James Bond on screen.
There’s been speculation that North Korea is behind the cyberattack in retaliation for the upcoming comedy The Interview. The film depicts an assassination attempt on North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. North Korea has condemned the film but denied the hack.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Why It’s OK to Say No to That Party You’re Dreading
- COP28 Is a Business Bonanza. Should It Be?
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- Column: When India Was a Human Rights Leader
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time