Three people were injured Friday when a shooter opened fire at a high school in Portland, Ore., police said.
The shooter was still at large Friday afternoon, the Associated Press reports. It took place at Rosemary Anderson High School, and the three victims were all conscious. Rosemary Anderson is an alternative high school for students who had previously dropped out, homeless teens, and at-risk students. It enrolls 190 students annually.
A school shooting last occurred in Portland in June when a freshman killed another student and then himself.
- Inside the Death of a Rural Daycare
- Exclusive: Inside Ukraine’s Secret Effort to Train Pilots for U.S. Fighter Jets
- TIME’s First Interview in the Metaverse: How a Filmmaker Made a Movie and Fell in Love in VR
- How The Inflation Reduction Act Will Spur a New Climate Tech Ecosystem
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- Social Media Companies Like TikTok Hope to Fight Election Misinformation. Experts Say Their Plans Aren’t Enough
- How I Got My Students to Stop Staring at Screens
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma