A hacker group calling itself the “Guardians of Peace,” or #GOP, sent an ominous new warning to Sony Pictures Entertainment employees on Thursday, causing the scary message to flash upon computer screens.
An unnamed individual familiar with the situation told TheWrap that several Sony employees received the message and most felt “disturbed.” Another source said the threat promised to do more damage if the #GOP’s demands aren’t met.
It’s been almost three weeks since hackers calling themselves the Guardians of Peace first broke into Sony’s systems before posting unreleased films and company documents online. The new warning is evidence the hackers still have access to the company’s network.
Sony executive Amy Pascal, meanwhile, told TheWrap that the hackers have “everyone’s emails in this company for the last 10 years.”
The identity of the hackers who targeted Sony is unknown. Some believe they’re tied to the North Korean government, which is furious over an upcoming Sony comedy about an assassination plot against the country’s leader.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears