An early Apple computer purchased from Steve Jobs’ parents’ garage was auctioned off Thursday at Christie’s for $365,000.
The 1976 Apple-1 Computer is the only known surviving Apple-1 documented to have been sold from Jobs’ parents’ garage, where the computers were built, Christie’s said in a statement. The “Ricketts Apple-1 Computer,” named after its first owner, Charles Rickett, was estimated to be worth between $400,000 to $600,000.
Another Apple-1 computer was sold for $397,750 last year at Christie’s.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears