Sony Pictures Entertainment chief Amy Pascal joked with Oscar-winning producer Scott Rudin about President Obama’s race, according to leaked emails.
Pascal, co-chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment, emailed Rudin, who produced movies such as The Social Network and No Country for Old Men, to ask what she should say to Obama at a fundraising breakfast, Buzzfeed reports. “Should I ask him if he liked DJANGO?”
“12 YEARS” Rudin replied.
Pascal went on to suggest other prominent films starring African Americans: “Or the butler. Or think like a man? [sic]”
“Ride-along,” wrote Rudin. “I bet he likes Kevin Hart.”
The emails were the latest in a series of leaks following a high-profile hacking attack by a group calling itself Guardians of Peace.
The leaks have revealed myriad squabbles Pascal has had with various Hollywood bigwigs, as well as precious nuggets regarding a slew of Hollywood stars, including Jonah Hill, George Clooney and Angelina Jolie.
Correction: The original version of this story was accompanied by a photograph which incorrectly identified its subject as the co-chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment Amy Pascal. The post has since been updated.
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer
- What to Know About the Monkeypox Drug TPOXX—And Why It's So Hard to Get
- The Year's Final Supermoon Reminds Us Why We Love the Night Sky
- A Hotter World Means More Disease Outbreaks in Our Future
- How The Sandman Author Neil Gaiman Drew Inspiration From His Nightmares
- Candace Parker Is a Force in Basketball and Beyond
- Dropbox Tossed Out the Workplace Rulebook. Here’s How That’s Working