Sony Pictures Entertainment chief Amy Pascal joked with Oscar-winning producer Scott Rudin about President Obama’s race, according to leaked emails.
Pascal, co-chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment, emailed Rudin, who produced movies such as The Social Network and No Country for Old Men, to ask what she should say to Obama at a fundraising breakfast, Buzzfeed reports. “Should I ask him if he liked DJANGO?”
“12 YEARS” Rudin replied.
Pascal went on to suggest other prominent films starring African Americans: “Or the butler. Or think like a man? [sic]”
“Ride-along,” wrote Rudin. “I bet he likes Kevin Hart.”
The emails were the latest in a series of leaks following a high-profile hacking attack by a group calling itself Guardians of Peace.
The leaks have revealed myriad squabbles Pascal has had with various Hollywood bigwigs, as well as precious nuggets regarding a slew of Hollywood stars, including Jonah Hill, George Clooney and Angelina Jolie.
Correction: The original version of this story was accompanied by a photograph which incorrectly identified its subject as the co-chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment Amy Pascal. The post has since been updated.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022