Sony Pictures Entertainment chief Amy Pascal joked with Oscar-winning producer Scott Rudin about President Obama’s race, according to leaked emails.
Pascal, co-chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment, emailed Rudin, who produced movies such as The Social Network and No Country for Old Men, to ask what she should say to Obama at a fundraising breakfast, Buzzfeed reports. “Should I ask him if he liked DJANGO?”
“12 YEARS” Rudin replied.
Pascal went on to suggest other prominent films starring African Americans: “Or the butler. Or think like a man? [sic]”
“Ride-along,” wrote Rudin. “I bet he likes Kevin Hart.”
The emails were the latest in a series of leaks following a high-profile hacking attack by a group calling itself Guardians of Peace.
The leaks have revealed myriad squabbles Pascal has had with various Hollywood bigwigs, as well as precious nuggets regarding a slew of Hollywood stars, including Jonah Hill, George Clooney and Angelina Jolie.
Correction: The original version of this story was accompanied by a photograph which incorrectly identified its subject as the co-chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment Amy Pascal. The post has since been updated.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate