A cover of Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah” by singer-songwriter Peter Hollens is going viral, thanks to a stirring a cappella arrangement featuring Jackie Evancho.
Hollens appeared on season 2 of NBC’s The Sing-Off, and has been compared to Pentatonix, another group made famous by the a cappella competition show. Evancho, a 14-year-old soprano, has performed on America’s Got Talent and at the National Christmas Tree Lighting in Washington, D.C.
Below is Leonard Cohen’s original for reference:
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate