Cuba Gooding Jr. has been cast as O.J. Simpson in the first season of FX’s new series American Crime Story, which takes as its subject the 1995 murder trial of the infamous ex-footballer.
This will be the Academy Award–winning actor’s first lead role in a TV series, the Wall Street Journal reports.
Sarah Paulson, of American Horror Story, has been cast as prosecutor Marcia Clark in the debut season, which is entitled The People vs. O.J. Simpson and reportedly hews close to Jeffrey Toobin’s 1996 book on the trial The Run of His Life.
Producer Ryan Murphy, who co-created Glee and American Horror Story, said the new series does not yet have an official premier date but might debut in January 2016. Each season, he says, will dramatize trials that transfixed the public in real life.
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism