In a traditional American wedding, a bunch of bridesmaids, usually in matching dumb dresses, clutch matching dumb bouquets. But one bride-to-be in Boston wants to change things up and task her bridesmaids with holding corgis instead.
Brilliant or beyond brilliant?
Here’s the problem, though: she needs to rent the corgis for this specific purpose — thus, she did what any of us would do. She took to Craigslist. “This next April, I will be getting married to the man of my dreams and we will be having the most wonderful storybook wedding that Boston has ever seen,” she explains in her ad. Then she goes on to explain the whole corgis-as-bouquets idea.
She elaborates a bit more about the logistics of this plan:
Note that she says she needs six more corgis, but fails to mention how many she already has. A reasonable number like one or two? Or does this woman already have, like, eight or nine corgis? Do all six new corgis need to come from the same family? Is she flexible in terms of size/shape/coloring/level of derpiness? And would the ASPCA and Humane Society consider holding the pups as bouquets to be treating them “perfectly?” This ad leaves several questions unanswered — but we’re still dying to attend this ceremony.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time