A first look at the hotly anticipated big screen debut of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry’s beloved children’s classic The Little Prince was released on YouTube Monday.
“Rediscover a timeless story like you’ve never seen it before,” reads the trailer text, written in French, since the English version has not yet been released to domestic audiences.
An old man can be heard in voiceover saying, “I flew almost everywhere in the world, until something miraculous happened,” at which point the screen fades to familiar scenes from the book, animated in a style reminiscent of paper mache models.
The film is directed by Mark Osborne, whose previous works include Kung Fu Panda. A star-studded cast, including James Franco, Benicio Del Toro, Rachel McAdams and Ricky Gervais, will lend their voice talents (in English) to the production.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up