A first look at the hotly anticipated big screen debut of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry’s beloved children’s classic The Little Prince was released on YouTube Monday.
“Rediscover a timeless story like you’ve never seen it before,” reads the trailer text, written in French, since the English version has not yet been released to domestic audiences.
An old man can be heard in voiceover saying, “I flew almost everywhere in the world, until something miraculous happened,” at which point the screen fades to familiar scenes from the book, animated in a style reminiscent of paper mache models.
The film is directed by Mark Osborne, whose previous works include Kung Fu Panda. A star-studded cast, including James Franco, Benicio Del Toro, Rachel McAdams and Ricky Gervais, will lend their voice talents (in English) to the production.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve