Amazon announced a new “Make an Offer” feature on Tuesday that enables shoppers to negotiate a lower price with sellers over email.
Amazon said the new button will appear alongside 150,000 items for sale in Sports and Entertainment Collectibles, Collectible Coins and Fine Art. Hitting the button will give the shopper an option of suggesting a new price to the seller. The seller, who sees the new price over email, can accept, reject or reply with a counteroffer.
“In a recent survey of our sellers, nearly half of the respondents told us that the ability to negotiate prices with customers would be important to drive more sales on Amazon,” Peter Faricy, Vice President of Amazon Marketplace said in a statement announcing the new feature.
“‘Make an Offer’ delivers that functionality and makes customers feel confident they are getting an item they want at the lowest price possible.”
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time