A few years ago, we were introduced to Women Laughing Alone With Salad: a gallery (and then meme) that pointed out the weirdly high number of stock images of, well, women laughing alone with salad.
Well, as On the Media has noticed, there’s a new trend that could soon take over the Internet. Women are still laughing, and they’re still alone, but this time, they get to hold tablets instead of salad bowls. Progress?
No seriously though, there are a lot of stock images of women laughing alone with tablets. Behold:
It’s actually pretty fun to imagine that these women are using their tablets to look at (and laugh at) stock images of women laughing alone with tablets. Meta.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State