On Friday, Chris Pratt took a break from being fun and charming and adorable to get a little more reflective and emotional. He attended the March of Dimes Celebration of Babies, where he shared the story of his son Jack, who was born prematurely.
His wife, actress Anna Faris, had Jack nine weeks early, Pratt explains, and he was just 3 pounds, 12 ounces. Of course, Pratt still managed to include humor in his touching speech. “That’s a decent-sized bass,” he joked. “Very small for a human.”
He went on to explain what fatherhood now means to him:
After a month in the NICU, Jack went home. “Our Jack went from a small, helpless little squirt to a strong, smart, happy, funny, beautiful boy who loves monster trucks and ‘Daniel Tiger,’ and, believe it or not, loves vegetables,” Pratt said. “Broccoli and cherry tomatoes are his favorite foods.”
Here’s Pratt, Faris and Jack celebrating Thanksgiving this year:
We have a feeling Pratt is also a really great dad to his pug.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow