One man’s picky eating habits have landed him behind bars.
Marvin Tramaine Hill II of Des Moines, Iowa, was arrested on Tuesday after allegedly using a McChicken sandwich from McDonald’s as a weapon against his pregnant wife, reports The Des Moines Register.
The 21-year-old reportedly chucked the fast food item at his wife (after she woke him up around 1 p.m. and offered him a McChicken) because he didn’t like the sandwich.
Hill admitted to police that after throwing the McChicken the first time, he picked up the sandwich’s bun and continued to throw pieces of it at his wife. The woman eventually fled to the bathroom to avoid Hill’s attack and clean herself up.
The husband followed his wife into the bathroom and filmed her with his cellphone, according to the The Des Moines Register, capturing her trying to knock the phone out of his hand. Hill later shared this video with the police.
When officials arrived on the scene, they found Hill’s wife with mayonnaise on her face and a swollen nose. Police said Hill claimed it was his wife who attacked him and showed the video from the bathroom as proof, but officers believe Hill used the video to entice his wife into appearing aggressive to cover up his own attack.
Hill was arrested for domestic assault and taken to Polk County Jail.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time