Baltimore police have arrested two men for the rape of a 16-year-old girl at a Johns Hopkins fraternity house off campus, officials confirmed.
Police responded to a report of rape in Baltimore on the morning of Nov. 2. The girl told police she was first forced to perform sexual acts and then raped by two unknown individuals in the bathroom of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon house during a Halloween party. The accused, 20-year-old Chaz Haggins and 19-year-old Ethan Turner, are not students at the university nor is the teenage victim, officials said.
Hopkins nonetheless banned all social events at the Sigma Alpha Epsilon chapter a week after the incident and suspended the organization while the investigation is underway. The ban was lifted after the frat chapter agreed not to hold any “open” parties and to patrol the events.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time