Baltimore police have arrested two men for the rape of a 16-year-old girl at a Johns Hopkins fraternity house off campus, officials confirmed.
Police responded to a report of rape in Baltimore on the morning of Nov. 2. The girl told police she was first forced to perform sexual acts and then raped by two unknown individuals in the bathroom of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon house during a Halloween party. The accused, 20-year-old Chaz Haggins and 19-year-old Ethan Turner, are not students at the university nor is the teenage victim, officials said.
Hopkins nonetheless banned all social events at the Sigma Alpha Epsilon chapter a week after the incident and suspended the organization while the investigation is underway. The ban was lifted after the frat chapter agreed not to hold any “open” parties and to patrol the events.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Eliana Dockterman at firstname.lastname@example.org