This month it’s South Korean pop star PSY’s turn to break the Internet.
PSY’s viral “Gangnam Style” music video has reached a view count so high that YouTube had to update its counter, the streaming service said Monday on its Google+ Page.
“We never thought a video would be watched in numbers greater than a 32-bit integer (=2,147,483,647 views), but that was before we met PSY,” the Google-owned company wrote. “‘Gangnam Style’ has been viewed so many times we have to upgrade!”
“Gangnam Style,” the most viewed YouTube video ahead of Justin Bieber’s “Baby,” has been viewed as of Wednesday morning more than 2.15 billion times.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy