This month it’s South Korean pop star PSY’s turn to break the Internet.
PSY’s viral “Gangnam Style” music video has reached a view count so high that YouTube had to update its counter, the streaming service said Monday on its Google+ Page.
“We never thought a video would be watched in numbers greater than a 32-bit integer (=2,147,483,647 views), but that was before we met PSY,” the Google-owned company wrote. “‘Gangnam Style’ has been viewed so many times we have to upgrade!”
“Gangnam Style,” the most viewed YouTube video ahead of Justin Bieber’s “Baby,” has been viewed as of Wednesday morning more than 2.15 billion times.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body