This month it’s South Korean pop star PSY’s turn to break the Internet.
PSY’s viral “Gangnam Style” music video has reached a view count so high that YouTube had to update its counter, the streaming service said Monday on its Google+ Page.
“We never thought a video would be watched in numbers greater than a 32-bit integer (=2,147,483,647 views), but that was before we met PSY,” the Google-owned company wrote. “‘Gangnam Style’ has been viewed so many times we have to upgrade!”
“Gangnam Style,” the most viewed YouTube video ahead of Justin Bieber’s “Baby,” has been viewed as of Wednesday morning more than 2.15 billion times.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time