When it comes to sartorial choices, Pope Francis usually keeps things simple. Crisp white cassock, sensible black shoes, elegant white skullcap. But now, it looks like the pontiff has a new garment in his wardrobe that we’re very excited to see him incorporate into his outfits: a pair of custom Diesel sweatpants.
More specifically, they’re a pair of Diesel Jogg Jeans, which the Italian clothing company describes as a “cutting edge crossbreed between jeans and activewear.” The brand’s founder, Renzo Rosso, recently met with the Pope and bestowed upon him the one-of-a-kind custom-made pants, MTV reports.
Diesel’s artistic director Nicola Formichetti captured the moment and shared it on Instagram:
So hey, next time the Pope does something awesome like pose with an adorable lamb around his neck, maybe he’ll be sporting these bad boys. Fingers crossed.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022