When it comes to sartorial choices, Pope Francis usually keeps things simple. Crisp white cassock, sensible black shoes, elegant white skullcap. But now, it looks like the pontiff has a new garment in his wardrobe that we’re very excited to see him incorporate into his outfits: a pair of custom Diesel sweatpants.
More specifically, they’re a pair of Diesel Jogg Jeans, which the Italian clothing company describes as a “cutting edge crossbreed between jeans and activewear.” The brand’s founder, Renzo Rosso, recently met with the Pope and bestowed upon him the one-of-a-kind custom-made pants, MTV reports.
Diesel’s artistic director Nicola Formichetti captured the moment and shared it on Instagram:
So hey, next time the Pope does something awesome like pose with an adorable lamb around his neck, maybe he’ll be sporting these bad boys. Fingers crossed.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms