When it comes to sartorial choices, Pope Francis usually keeps things simple. Crisp white cassock, sensible black shoes, elegant white skullcap. But now, it looks like the pontiff has a new garment in his wardrobe that we’re very excited to see him incorporate into his outfits: a pair of custom Diesel sweatpants.
More specifically, they’re a pair of Diesel Jogg Jeans, which the Italian clothing company describes as a “cutting edge crossbreed between jeans and activewear.” The brand’s founder, Renzo Rosso, recently met with the Pope and bestowed upon him the one-of-a-kind custom-made pants, MTV reports.
Diesel’s artistic director Nicola Formichetti captured the moment and shared it on Instagram:
So hey, next time the Pope does something awesome like pose with an adorable lamb around his neck, maybe he’ll be sporting these bad boys. Fingers crossed.
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief