When it comes to sartorial choices, Pope Francis usually keeps things simple. Crisp white cassock, sensible black shoes, elegant white skullcap. But now, it looks like the pontiff has a new garment in his wardrobe that we’re very excited to see him incorporate into his outfits: a pair of custom Diesel sweatpants.
More specifically, they’re a pair of Diesel Jogg Jeans, which the Italian clothing company describes as a “cutting edge crossbreed between jeans and activewear.” The brand’s founder, Renzo Rosso, recently met with the Pope and bestowed upon him the one-of-a-kind custom-made pants, MTV reports.
Diesel’s artistic director Nicola Formichetti captured the moment and shared it on Instagram:
So hey, next time the Pope does something awesome like pose with an adorable lamb around his neck, maybe he’ll be sporting these bad boys. Fingers crossed.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time