The Diary of a Young Girl, otherwise known as the Diary of Anne Frank, is headed to your smart phone for the first time in its original language.
A Dutch-language app containing the bestselling and widely translated book was announced earlier this month by publisher Uitgeverij Prometheus, Haaretz reports. The app also features interactive timelines, photo and video content and an audio book version. Game of Thrones actress Carice van Houten, who is Dutch, reads the audio book version.
The app is not the first Anne Frank app — an English-language one was released last year — but this app is the first to publish the diary in its original language. The diary documents the two years the Frank family spent in hiding in Nazi-occupied Amsterdam before thy were discovered and Anne Frank was sent to a concentration camp, where she later died.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time