Malaysia Airlines posted an unfortunate tweet as part of its year-end promotion.
“Want to go somewhere but don’t know where?” read the post on Twitter, part of a promotion of special deals by the national carrier, Yahoo News reports.
Twitter users criticized the national carrier for the tone-deaf tweet, sent out after two major calamities for the company this year: the disappearance of MH370 over the south Indian Ocean and the deadly destruction of MH17 in Ukrainian air space by rebel separatists.
Bookings have dropped due to the two disasters, in which a total of 537 were killed.
Another seemingly oblivious Malaysia Airlines ticket sale promotion asked passengers what places were on their “Bucket List.”
The airline apologized for the tweet on Saturday.
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now