Actor Mickey Rourke, 62, defeated a 29-year-old opponent in an exhibition boxing match in Moscow Friday.
The Wrestler star hadn’t participated in a boxing match in more than 20 years, the BBC reports, when injuries resulted in corrective surgeries to his face that significantly altered his appearance. While Rourke didn’t explain his decision to return to the ring, he has said that boxing “sort of saved me from myself.”
“I’m very happy to be back to the boxing ring. Thank God for letting me do this,” he said before the fight.
Rourke’s opponent, Elliot Seymour, is a former California Golden Gloves champion.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com