Having cut the cable TV cord before the busiest shopping day of the year, I had to go to YouTube to see how Apple was promoting its products in advance of Black Friday.
Here’s what I found: Six ads in two days, three for the iPhone and three for Beats by Dre, the headphone-and-streaming-music company acquired by Apple in May for $3 billion.
I liked them all. But they’re very different.
Two white comedians, Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon, are once again carrying the water for Apple.
Beats’ SoloSelfie-with-iPhone campaign taps into a different celebrity culture.
The iPhone ads
Nov. 24: Gamers
Nov. 24: Reservations
Nov. 26: Voice text
The Beats by Dre ads
Nov. 26: #SoloSelfie Kenan Thompson Tutorial
Nov. 26: #SoloSelfie
Nov. 26: #SoloSelfie – The Tutorial
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization