Having cut the cable TV cord before the busiest shopping day of the year, I had to go to YouTube to see how Apple was promoting its products in advance of Black Friday.
Here’s what I found: Six ads in two days, three for the iPhone and three for Beats by Dre, the headphone-and-streaming-music company acquired by Apple in May for $3 billion.
I liked them all. But they’re very different.
Two white comedians, Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon, are once again carrying the water for Apple.
Beats’ SoloSelfie-with-iPhone campaign taps into a different celebrity culture.
The iPhone ads
Nov. 24: Gamers
Nov. 24: Reservations
Nov. 26: Voice text
The Beats by Dre ads
Nov. 26: #SoloSelfie Kenan Thompson Tutorial
Nov. 26: #SoloSelfie
Nov. 26: #SoloSelfie – The Tutorial
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time