The white police officer whose fatal shooting of an unarmed black teenager sparked violent protests in Ferguson, Mo., this year quietly married a fellow officer in October, according to a new report.
Darren Wilson has been on paid leave from the Ferguson Police Department since fatally shooting Michael Brown in August. He has been laying low while he awaits a grand jury’s decision on whether to indict him.
Public records obtained by the New York Times show Wilson married Barbara Spradling on Oct. 24. The marriage license was issued in Clayton, Mo., outside St. Louis. This is a second marriage for both Wilson and Spradling, who own a home together.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This