The billionaire CEO of SpaceX, Elon Musk, decided to show off his new rockets Saturday. He revealed SpaceX’s newly improved rocket, the Falcon 9R, which now has four adjustable wings. The 9R’s “X Wings” are designed to deploy after takeoff and will work with rocket thrusters for navigation, which Musk showed in a video he shared on Twitter.
Musk also revealed that SpaceX is creating rocket landing pads at sea, which will be used as refueling stations for rockets before launching back into space.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart