While promoting her sleepwear line back in September, Britney Spears was asked who she’d most like to collaborate with. Her first answer: “Katy Perry.” And her second: “Iggy.” No word on whether Spears’ and Perry’s relationship will expand beyond trading compliments on one another’s full-body denim wear, but Iggy Azalea confirmed on Twitter yesterday that she and Spears have something cooking together.
A fan tweeted at the rapper, asking whether she would ever work with Spears. Azalea responded, short and sweet:
Beyond “amazing,” Azalea declined to provide further details on the project. It’s not yet clear whether the collaboration will appear on Spears’ next album — which she says is coming along “very slowly” and will likely be “very artsy-fartsy” — or Azalea’s, which may also be a way off, considering that The New Classic just came out this past April (with a re-release due out next week).
Though Azalea’s earlier work has drawn comparisons to Spears — her song “Nothing Like Me” actually sounds a lot like “Womanizer” — she’s much more squarely in the field of rap these days. And a rap-pop duet sounds more interesting than a Britney versus Britney clone duet.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart