While promoting her sleepwear line back in September, Britney Spears was asked who she’d most like to collaborate with. Her first answer: “Katy Perry.” And her second: “Iggy.” No word on whether Spears’ and Perry’s relationship will expand beyond trading compliments on one another’s full-body denim wear, but Iggy Azalea confirmed on Twitter yesterday that she and Spears have something cooking together.
A fan tweeted at the rapper, asking whether she would ever work with Spears. Azalea responded, short and sweet:
Beyond “amazing,” Azalea declined to provide further details on the project. It’s not yet clear whether the collaboration will appear on Spears’ next album — which she says is coming along “very slowly” and will likely be “very artsy-fartsy” — or Azalea’s, which may also be a way off, considering that The New Classic just came out this past April (with a re-release due out next week).
Though Azalea’s earlier work has drawn comparisons to Spears — her song “Nothing Like Me” actually sounds a lot like “Womanizer” — she’s much more squarely in the field of rap these days. And a rap-pop duet sounds more interesting than a Britney versus Britney clone duet.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy