One of Jimmy Kimmel’s favorite things to do on his show is to recruit a bunch of celebrities to read mean tweets about themselves. They usually read the messages then stare, despondent, into the camera. Or they just laugh. Or they shoot back with an equally mean quip. Either way, the recurring segment is always highly entertaining.
On Thursday’s show, Kimmel rounded up a new batch of A-listers, including Chris Pratt, Lena Dunham, Gwyneth Paltrow, Ty Burrell and more. Even though this is the eighth installment of the recurring gag, it somehow has yet to get old. Of course, that could be because some of these tweets may have been dreamt up by Kimmel’s writers rather than by real-life mean tweeters.
Oh, special shoutout to Chloë Grace Moretz, one of TIME’s most influential teens of 2014, for the solid quip she fires back to a very mean tweet.
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time