One of Jimmy Kimmel’s favorite things to do on his show is to recruit a bunch of celebrities to read mean tweets about themselves. They usually read the messages then stare, despondent, into the camera. Or they just laugh. Or they shoot back with an equally mean quip. Either way, the recurring segment is always highly entertaining.
On Thursday’s show, Kimmel rounded up a new batch of A-listers, including Chris Pratt, Lena Dunham, Gwyneth Paltrow, Ty Burrell and more. Even though this is the eighth installment of the recurring gag, it somehow has yet to get old. Of course, that could be because some of these tweets may have been dreamt up by Kimmel’s writers rather than by real-life mean tweeters.
Oh, special shoutout to Chloë Grace Moretz, one of TIME’s most influential teens of 2014, for the solid quip she fires back to a very mean tweet.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out