One of Jimmy Kimmel’s favorite things to do on his show is to recruit a bunch of celebrities to read mean tweets about themselves. They usually read the messages then stare, despondent, into the camera. Or they just laugh. Or they shoot back with an equally mean quip. Either way, the recurring segment is always highly entertaining.
On Thursday’s show, Kimmel rounded up a new batch of A-listers, including Chris Pratt, Lena Dunham, Gwyneth Paltrow, Ty Burrell and more. Even though this is the eighth installment of the recurring gag, it somehow has yet to get old. Of course, that could be because some of these tweets may have been dreamt up by Kimmel’s writers rather than by real-life mean tweeters.
Oh, special shoutout to Chloë Grace Moretz, one of TIME’s most influential teens of 2014, for the solid quip she fires back to a very mean tweet.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate