In this parody by Animeme, the Frozen song “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?” gets the Breaking Bad treatment with Walter White knocking on Jesse Pinkman’s door, pleading, “Do you want to build a meth lab?”
In a style that owes much to South Park‘s epic musical numbers, the most unsentimental topics — meth, money and murder — ooze sentimentality. When Walt pleads, standing outside Jesse’s closed door, “We built this empire together — it’s all we have,” it’s hard not to get a little misty-eyed. The video captures a great deal of the five-season story arc in three short minutes, staying true to the shots in the original Frozen scene.
If only Jesse could have traveled back in time and said no.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief