Yup, Marty McFly’s preferred mode of transportation is now a real thing. Or at least, it’s pretty close. What the skateboarding icon rides in the video is a Hendo board, which bills itself as the world’s first hoverboard. Its developers recently launched a Kickstarter campaign, where you can pre-order one of these high-tech boards for a cool $10,000.
If that’s out of your price range, then just enjoy this video of Hawk testing one of them out. He’s not nearly as graceful as he is on a normal skateboard, but that’s understandable.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science