Earlier this year, legendary skateboarder Tony Hawk pranked us with a phony video about new hoverboard technology. But now, to make up for it, here he is riding a real hoverboard.
Yup, Marty McFly’s preferred mode of transportation is now a real thing. Or at least, it’s pretty close. What the skateboarding icon rides in the video is a Hendo board, which bills itself as the world’s first hoverboard. Its developers recently launched a Kickstarter campaign, where you can pre-order one of these high-tech boards for a cool $10,000.
If that’s out of your price range, then just enjoy this video of Hawk testing one of them out. He’s not nearly as graceful as he is on a normal skateboard, but that’s understandable.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now