Katharine and Kris Camilli wanted to tell their friends and family that Kat was pregnant, but they didn’t want to send a boring old email or post a boring old picture of an ultrasound to Facebook and wait for the comments to roll in. They wanted real life human interaction and presumably, real hugs, not just the Facebook version of them.
The couple devised a clever, but simple scheme to capture that moment. They got their friends and family together and had them pose together for pictures, but instead of saying “Cheese!” they had them say, “Kat’s pregnant!” With a little sleight of hand, the cameras were set to video instead of photo and the reactions to the announcement were all caught on film.
Kat’s sister edited the various videos together and uploaded the completed clip to YouTube as an incredible digital keepsake for the family — and a great idea for other soon-to-be parents.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy