Adorable robots were no match for old friends at the box office this weekend.
Two decades after the first Farrelly brothers film hit theaters, Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels reunited for Dumb and Dumber To, which beat out previous box-office victor Big Hero 6 for the No. 1 spot, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The sequel took in $38.1 million in North America, while Disney’s animated superhero movie came in second place with $36 million, according to preliminary Sunday grosses. (Finalized numbers are expected Monday).
Christopher Nolan’s space epic Interstellar fell to third with $29.2 million this weekend, but its worldwide gross surpassed $300 million on Sunday when it hit $321.9 million. The film is performing very well overseas, particularly in China and on Imax screens.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy