Brooklynites, hold on to your hats: the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have announced a New York trip from Dec. 7 to 9, including a Monday night NBA game. Since there are no Knicks games scheduled for Mon. Dec. 8, that can only mean one thing: Will and Kate are headed for the Barclays Center, where the Brooklyn Nets will host the Cleveland Cavaliers. Tickets currently start at $77.65 (get ’em while they’re hot).
This can only mean one of two things:
1. Will and Kate are secret hipsters at heart.
2. Brooklyn is officially over.
Whether we start to see the royal duo in vintage prints and cat sweaters, or the citizens of Brooklyn in Harris tweeds (fresh, not secondhand), you can bet your bottom dollar there will be fewer died-in-the-wool basketball fans and more Anglophiles who are positively chuffed to see their favorite couple courtside.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time