America’s sweetheart is even more down-home than we all thought: Jennifer Lawrence revealed on The Colbert Report that she hasn’t only eaten squirrel chili, but even skinned a squirrel herself.
The Hunger Games actress says her humble beginnings and rapid rise to fame do not make her similar to her character, Katniss Everdeen — despite Colbert’s comparison — since unlike the bow-and-arrow-slinging heroine, all she’s really worried about is fluffing her hair and reapplying lipstick.
“I’m constantly waiting for things to fall apart,” she joked about her success. “Every time the phone rings, I’m like, ‘it’s over!'”
Colbert’s solution to this impending failure? Drop out of showbiz together and go fight crime. We’d watch that show.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time