America’s sweetheart is even more down-home than we all thought: Jennifer Lawrence revealed on The Colbert Report that she hasn’t only eaten squirrel chili, but even skinned a squirrel herself.
The Hunger Games actress says her humble beginnings and rapid rise to fame do not make her similar to her character, Katniss Everdeen — despite Colbert’s comparison — since unlike the bow-and-arrow-slinging heroine, all she’s really worried about is fluffing her hair and reapplying lipstick.
“I’m constantly waiting for things to fall apart,” she joked about her success. “Every time the phone rings, I’m like, ‘it’s over!'”
Colbert’s solution to this impending failure? Drop out of showbiz together and go fight crime. We’d watch that show.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating