Want a closer look at the gorgeous, ritzy estate where Taylor Swift’s “Blank Space” music video takes place? Sure, why not, right? Well, to accompany the video, Tay-Tay created an app — which she calls a “cinematic interactive musical experience” — that lets users explore the house’s many rooms and objects.
The free American Express-sponsored app, developed by RadicalMedia, lets all of us access the crazy-eyed, knife-wielding, jilted ex-lover deep within. Or at least, it lets us poke around a beautiful mansion looking at grandfather clocks while Taylor sings in the background, which is good too.
“The app is a cross between theater, a music video and a video game,” Joseph Kahn, who directed the video as well as the app experience, told Mashable. “I had to direct it more like a stage show than a music video so the audience can choose any way they want to look; we had to create reasons for them to turn their head or look up or look down.”
It’s available now for both Android and iOS, so get going.
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief