If you’re planning an elaborate proposal, you should probably know the girl is going to say “yes.”
That was not the case for one Chinese programmer, Sina Technology reports. The unnamed man decided to spend two years of savings on 99 iPhone 6s—costing an estimated $85,000—arrange them in the shape of a heart, and then very publicly propose to his girlfriend.
And… she reportedly said no.
Maybe if he had sprung for the iPhone 6 Plus…
The proposal came right in time for China’s Singles’ Day — a holiday that falls on 11/11 — which many Chinese bachelors celebrate by online shopping, and ending their single-dom.
It’s probably safe to assume this newly single programmer will not be buying himself an iPhone.
Read next: How China’s Singles’ Day Holiday Sold Out
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy