A British baker named Lara Clarke won gold at the Cake International contest for her life-sized cake version of Jennifer Lawrence as The Hunger Games heroine Katniss Everdeen. In case that didn’t work out, she had a back-up plan: another entry consisting of a cake version of Tyrion Lannister from Game of Thrones.
Clarke, who taught herself to bake a couple of years ago by watching YouTube tutorials, has became an expert quickly— she’s also made roughly human-sized cakes of Miley Cyrus and Johnny Depp. “At the time I was watching Pirates of the Caribbean,” she told the BBC back in 2013. “I was watching Jack Sparrow, played by Johnny Depp, and I thought he would make the perfect cake.”
After using up 150 eggs, 22 pounds of butter and 132 pounds of icing to make Jennifer Lawrence, it looks like she’s got enough cake to last her until Mockingjay — Part 1 hits theaters.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization