ABC revealed Friday the network is not renewing the TV comedy “Selfie” for another season past the original 13-episodes ordered.
The comedy, which stars Karen Gillan and John Cho and delves into a helplessly narcissistic woman’s relationship with social media, suffered from abysmal ratings and ridicule on social media of some views, Entertainment Weekly reports, averaging 4.7 million viewers and a 1.5 rating among adults 18-49.
In September, co-star John Cho sat down for an interview with TIME about the new show, in which he fretted over the show’s name.
“I was scared that people would never watch the show because “selfie” of course sounds terrible,” Cho said. “And it should! It is a good gag reflex we have as a society, that we hear the word selfie and dislike it. Maybe we should loathe the concept a little bit.”
ABC says the show will air in its scheduled time slot next Tuesday but what happens after that is unclear.
Selfie meets the same fate as ABC’s “Manhattan Love Story,” which was canceled last month.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now