The Berlin Wall began to come down 25 years ago this weekend, on Nov. 9, 1989. Now that so many years have passed, how much do you remember about the wall and the events surrounding it?
Test your knowledge with this quiz — extra points if you don’t use our Berlin Wall history timeline to cheat.
Read TIME’s 1989 cover story about the fall of the Berlin Wall here in the archives: Freedom!
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving